Monday, August 4, 2008

Not Dogs, Hanoi

Everyday just down from our guesthouse a lady sets up with a small grill, a box of cucumbers and a pile of french sticks, the smell as you walk past from the grilling meat is intoxicating, you're kinda dragged by your nose across the road towards her.
Hanoi
When the skewers are nearly ready she splits and toasts a french stick lightly, then sandwiching the skewers deftly pulls out the wood to leave a filled roll, this is then topped with some freshly sliced cucumber a good whack of chilli and your good to go.
Hanoi
The first day we got one to share, it was glorious, proving that some times simple is really the best ... the second day we got one each as we sat looking over the photos Kat suddenly stopped eating "I'm sure that's Vietnamese for dog"........"I'm not hungry anymore" soon followed, I thought if this is dog it's delicious so I had one and a half that day. As soon as we got home we had a little flick through the phrase book it was actually pork, it was still delicious.

I don't know bout you but I wouldn't go out of my way to find dog but if it was there I'd give it a go just once at least. You can't knock if you haven't tried it!

The next day we had one each..

Hanoi

No comments: