Niseko in summer ... beautiful. The abundance of vibrant fresh vegetables ... amazing !!
After a stop at the bakery we had a bag full of bread ... we then stopped at Viewplaza where we were so inspired by what we saw and decided on a panzanella for dinner. With another couple of bags full of vegetables, and a baby basil plant we were set.
The bread was chopped, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper before being toasted in the oven until golden. All of the other fresh veggies were washed and chopped.
The dressing was made from wine vinegar, chopped garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard and seasoned with salt and pepper and a good splash of virgin oil was mixed through.
The salad, bread and dressing were all combined before we settled into the couch to enjoy this simple, but extraordinary combination.
1 loaf of bread, cut into cubes
3 large tomatoes
1 Spanish onion
2 garlic cloves
3-4 baby peppers (capsicum) in various colours
Picked baby basil leaves
1. Toss the bread cubes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Toast at 170C until golden brown.
2. Wash and prepare vegetables. Cut tomato, cucumber and peppers into cubes.
3. Peel and slice red onion into long, thin slices.
4. Cut a few caperberries in half.
5. Make dressing by chopping the garlic clove. Add to bowl with lemon juice, vinegar, salt & pepper before slowly mixing in olive oil.
6. Toss all ingredients in a bowl with the dressing, and finish with picked baby basil.